Monday 29 April 2013

Granny Square Blanket

Well it's a CLASSIC ........




and a great way to use up lots of yarn.
 

 

 

 
I had no particular colour theme ~ just used white for the outside row of each square.
 It used up most of my DK yarn stash and even though I am stashbusting I must confess that I ordered more online. Oh well.
 
For this project I used an ergonomic soft grip crochet hook as I have noticed lately that my hand gets painful if I crochet a lot.
I found the hook comfortable to use and I do think it helped.
 
 
 I love the completed project ~ it is so colourful
 

classic granny square blanket

 

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Marianna, so colourful. I use those hooks all the time, the best investment I ever made:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it too! It's a good idea to use the white colour for the last row. Well done! The squares have a lovely combination of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to love the classic granny!!! But I noticed your granny squares are fuller, with clusters of 4 dc's. I like them a lot, for a look that is not as lacy as the others.
    ♥ Ana BC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and fresh for the summer. I use that type of crochet hook as well and find it very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blanket is very pretty, I like the four st. In sted of three that I do, that makes it different and full. The Clover crochet needles are wonderful, they are I think my favorite needles to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are so cheerful! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Marianna! So colorful and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your afghan is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and colourful.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very pretty blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so colourful n pretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! The colours are spot on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Granny Square Blanket is very colorful and pretty.. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! Thank you for linking up at "Link & Share Wednesdays". I really love this project!! Rhondda

    ReplyDelete