Saturday 19 January 2019

I'M A WINNER !



Well ~ I am delighted to announce that - THANKS to YOU - I am a Winner
of Knit Now Magazine's Knitter of the Year Award for the category of Online Innovator! 

It may not be as quite as prestigious as a Bafta or Golden Globe 
- but believe me - I am really DELIGHTED 
to have been awarded this in recognition of my contribution to contemporary knitting in the UK and around the world! 

When I started my Marianna's Lazy Daisy Days BLOG in January 2013 - my intention was to share my creative ideas with other crafters, especially those who  gave their time and talents to charity knitting.

When I started making and donating I quickly got fed up with making the same few patterns over and over. And I soon began to make up my own! I had written patterns for a short time over 30 years ago, so - though I had limited experience - I set off and found the ideas came flooding in!   
And I discovered that others appreciated my patterns too! 

I love when others share their photos and appreciation of my designs. It really motivates me and keeps me moving on ! 
I set up a hugely successful facebook page and group, and through those, and Ravelry and Pinterest, I try to keep in touch as much as I can with those who enjoy my patterns. 
I like to encourage first and foremost - we were all beginners once. 
Knitting is a journey and not a destination! and we are all still learning new skills and tips every day.
Answering questions, trying to inspire, helping on-line charity groups all around the world, giving praise and being available soon led to true on-line friendships - and we all need more togetherness and friendships in our lives! 

I really want to thank all of you who appreciate my work and took the time to vote for me. Your friendship and support means the world to me! 


Thank You to Knit Now Magazine for hosting this competition.
You might like to see the other winners on this link ~ 

 And, as in all great award speeches, I really want to thank my lovely Mum & Dad whose love, support and encouragement has been so important throughout my life ! 

My lovely Mum & Dad 


Copyright © 2018 ‘made by marianna’        All Rights Reserved

23 comments:

  1. Woohoo, congratulations, and very well deserved xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant Marian well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased you got an award, you truly are an inspiration to so many people, I have and will continue to enjoyed making your patterns for charity, without you so many babies wouldn’t get such lovely gifts, thank you, sending hugs and kisses to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve this award and much more, congratulations xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful and very much deserved. Pproud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this did not identify me. I am Barbara Brazeal Collins and in both of your groups.

      Delete
  6. Well done. You deserve the award. I have added lots of your patterns to my long queue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I have enjoyed your patterns for several years, and you have earned this recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you got the recognition you deserve. You have inspired me to do charity knitting as your patterns are both interesting and easy to follow. I'm sure there are so many needy people who have benefited also. So glad you have wonderful family to lend love and support. With thanks Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it wasn't for your patterns I think I would have given up knitting again. The sizes are all written separately Most of your patterns are all in one. Or the only things that need to be made apart are the sleeves. I tried to follow the patterns for knitting a cardi in 5 parts. The sewing up for me was awful. Your patterns minimise that. You deserve all the accolades you get.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulation, you deserve it. We use a lot of your patterns for our church charity knitting group & they are so lovely. Thank you so much for your generosity sharing your patterns with us.
    Lovely that your Mum & Dad can share your success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations. I love your patterns and use them for charity giving here in Australia. Thank you for all your hard work and for sharing your patterns so generously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I can't work out how to identify myself. My name is Doreen.

      Delete
  12. adore your patterns and the reward is awesome and I voted for you and wow you won and i'm so chuffed and happy for you congratulations kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. i know my rewards came from you ,ifollowed your patterns and before i knew it i was knitting baby blankets booties and hats. i have the skills thanks to you . you have been and still are a great inspiration to me and many new knitters .i have encouraged you were always a winner in my books love and a big thank you
    sarah lavan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations and quite rightly so. You deserve all the knitting accolades that are out there . You are an inspiration to many a knitter with your easy explained patterns. Thank you and may you obtain many more awards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!😀 so well deserved. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations,very well deserved. I have knitted many of your patterns. Just finished one of your bonnets only this morning 😀

    ReplyDelete
  17. More well deserved kudos are posted on Knitting Paradise at: https://www.knittingparadise.com/t-586418-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Marianna! ��

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all for your lovely comments. M :)

    ReplyDelete