Thursday 31 March 2016

Lazy Daisy All-in-One Baby Dress

So many of you love my All-in-One Baby Top - and have asked over and over for a similar little baby dress

I am delighted to have finally got around to writing this pattern!

0 - 3 months             Lazy Daisy All-in-One Baby Dress               Medium Premature Baby
 

All-in-One Lazy Daisy Baby Dress                0 – 3 months

Baby Dress               ~    Width 16 -17",   Length  13 ½ "

Requirements  ~  DK yarn,   4mm needles,   3 small buttons

                       

Tips:

        ·     Cast off loosely on row 30 for the cap sleeves – if you find this difficult – use a larger needle

             
        ·      yfwd – yarn forward seems to be a very UK term – you may know this as yo (yarn over) or  yrn (yarn round needle). This makes the buttonholes and also the little eyelet holes on the yoke and skirt border



Worked from the neck downwards               

Cast on 57sts

Rows 1 & 2            Knit
Row 3                    K2, yfwd, k2 tog, knit to end of row
Rows 4 & 5            Knit
Row 6                    K4, purl to last 4sts, k4
Row 7                    Knit
Row 8                    K4, purl to last 4sts, k4
Row 9                    K8, *(yfwd, k1, yfwd, k4) rep from * to last 4sts,k4     75sts
Row 10                  K4, purl to last 4sts, k4
Row 11                  Knit
Row 12                  K4, purl to last 4sts, k4
Row 13                  K8, *(yfwd, k3, yfwd, k4) rep from * to last 4sts, k4    93sts
Row 14                  K4, purl to last 4sts, k4
Row 15                  K2, yfwd, k2 tog, knit to end of row
Rows 16                K4, purl to last 4sts, k4
Row 17                  K8, *(yfwd, k5, yfwd, k4) rep from * to last 4sts, k4           111sts
Rows 18, 19, 20    As rows 10, 11, 12   
Row 21                  K8, *(yfwd, k7, yfwd, k4) rep from * to last 4sts, k4   129sts
Rows 22, 23, 24    As rows 10, 11, 12                                               

Rows 25, 26,         Knit
Row 27                  K2, yfwd, k2 tog, knit to end of row
Rows 28 & 29        Knit
Row 30                  K2tog, k2tog, k17, cast off 24sts, k38, cast off 24sts, k16, k2tog, k2tog
Row 31                  K2, * (k1, kfb), repeat from * to last 3sts, k3           113sts
Row 32                  Purl
Row 33                  Knit
Row 34                  Purl
Repeat last 2 rows until work measures around 11 ½”  from the cast on edge
Knit 7 rows

Next Row               Purl   
Next Row               K2, *(yfwd, k3) repeat from * to end
Next Row               Purl
Knit 5 rows
Cast off loosely 

Sew up the back seam from hem to the bottom of the button border             
Darn away ends             
Sew on buttons    


 
 
You will find the instructions for premature baby sizes at ~
 
 
 
 
I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.
 
However, please do not copy my patterns
 
Copyright © 2016 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced

or republished on another webpage or website.

‘This work is registered with the UK Copyright Service.’

35 comments:

  1. thank you so much for this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pattern and the permissions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm just wondering if in the near future you will be making the 3-6 months on this? X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these dresses. Will you be featuring all the sizes up to 4-6 years as you have the tops? I would love to make these for my cousins 4 year old little girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love the bigger size options as well - thank you for such lovely patterns!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there any reason why this sweet little dress couldn't be knit in the round?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this sweet little dress on the weekend. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grace, I saw that you had no issues with this pattern so perhaps you can help me.

      I've run into a problem at line 30. I have 129 stitches as it says on line 21 yet the instructions on line 30 appear to only total 127. Is there an error somewhere. Appreciate any help you can give.

      Delete
    2. You are reducing 52 stitches on this row, 129-52=77, you should have 77 stitches after completing this row, there is no error, the numbers work to give you the correct amount of stitches to do the increase and come up with the correct amount of stitches on the next row. I think you may not be counting the two stitches that will be left on the needle after the bind off's are complete, this would account for the two stitches you are missing in your count.

      Delete
  8. I have made several of the all in one baby cardigans. Love them! Recently I got a knitting machine. Not sure if the pattern can be converted, but do you mind if I give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made several of the all in one baby cardigans. Love them! Recently I got a knitting machine. Not sure if the pattern can be converted, but do you mind if I give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress but would love to make it bigger for 3-6 months how could I do this hope you can help. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marianna, as usual your patterns are lovely. Pls tell me where can I find the pattern for a 6 month All in one Baby Dress pattern?
    Yes I mean The above pattern.
    This is for a premature baby you said so where is the pattern for a normal 0-3 or 0-6 size.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, just wondering if you received a reply from Marianna. There don't seem to be any replies on this page but she might reply directly. Thanks in advance. P.S. I don't want to wait for an answer if she doesn't, I'll find something else but it's a shame when your stuck part way through.

      Delete
  12. hi Marianna, it is beautiful. I will definitely give it a try. A request please.......kindly make some patterns for 6-10 years kids too. I wud be great if you provide a pattern of this all in one dress for a 8 year old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wondering if anyone has a pattern for this dress in a 6/9 month size or instructions on how I could work the pattern out to make it bigger thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marianna , You are an Angel of God. Yours Babies Patterns are so Amazing. I wish You have a long and a healthy life.

    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, how much yarn do I need to make this lovely dress please

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tried 3 month twice now and the numbers are not adding up. Are 8 iha d7 at end and only 70 stitches. Row 13 I had 10 left at end. Anyone else have problems? I was making for a baby gift

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, love this dress but I've run into a problem at line 30. I have 129 stitches as it says on line 21 yet the instructions on line 30 appear to only total 127. Is there an error somewhere. Appreciate any help you can give.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this blog. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appeal. I must say you have done a superb job with this. Also, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Opera. Exceptional Blog!boutique bebe paris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about that newborn baby clothes I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Exceptional work! children clothing australia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Knitted this beutiful dress not hard at all

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this dress. Please do a bigger size

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for this beaiutiful pattern. I am making them for prem babies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love love your patterns. They are so easy and flawless. I've made newborn dresses and cardigans. They all turned out beautiful. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this pattern pls can I have a bigger size

    ReplyDelete
  28. Would like bigger sizes

    ReplyDelete
  29. What size Berenguer doll would the smallest of the dresses fit please. Preferably length size. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks so much for the Laizy Daizy pattern. I have made it twice now with one change for those, like me, that hate to see seams. On row 32 I join in the round and continue the rest pattern simply knitting each row which makes the P, K, and adjust stitches to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much for the clear instructions of the pattern.woul look forward to more such inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Marianna, I absolutely adore all your beautiful and easy patterns. I have made many of them for my doll collection (I have about 100) and for our Women's and children's hospital. Thank you a million times. My favourite knitting is for babes and dolls. Your patterns fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete