Monday 15 June 2015

Lilac Blossom Baby Blanket

This is such a pretty stitch - so I decided to use it for a little blanket too..........



With a simple garter stitch border ................
 
 
I used King Cole 'With a Twist' Baby Big Value DK in shade 248 (lilac twist).
 
It is a much paler colour than it looks in the photos.
 
And it's lovely and soft  - a pleasure to work with.
 

 Image result for lilac blossom images
Now available in a sweet set with matching Baby Cardigan Jacket, Hat & Booties at ~
 
Lilac Blossom Baby Set
 
 
 
 
Copyright © 2015 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved

This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced

or republished on another webpage or website.

‘This work is registered with the UK Copyright Service.’





 

17 comments:

  1. Thanks!!! I'm looking for a pretty blanket to start soon and this might be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely stitch Marianna a beautiful baby set, a big thank you for the patterns. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! ♥ Great color & pattern :-). Happy weekend! Nata xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi can you tell me how much yarn was used for the blanket please x and how much for the matching set x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I love your patterns thank you:) I would also like to know what yon and yrn mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yarn round needle isv yrnbut I am not sure of yon.it is probably yarn on needle?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Going to make the sweater, hat and bootie set along with the blanket for my niece who's baby is due in April. So excied to get working on this set. ( But need to finisg another baby blanket first )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to make this blanket 32 inches wide. How many stitches do I add to the pattern?
    It's a beautiful blanket. I can't wait to make it for my great niece due in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pattern at 132 sts is 24 Inches wide. To increase add in multiples of 4 stitches. (measure the width of the total stitches and add a series of 4 sts until it measures 32 inches wide.
      At least that's what I'd do.

      Delete
  9. Thank you very much. I will do that and get back to you on the total of stiches I use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What does YON stand for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yon is Yarn over needle . pass the yarn over the top of the needle, yrn is yarn round the front of the needle

      Delete
  11. How do I determine the amount of yarn needed? Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would say yarn on needle and yarn marker. Usually in any patterns I've seen there wouldn't be any need for the yarn on needle term and it would the other term would be called a stitch holder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ladies: While I can’t help with the amount of yarn required for the project, I posed the ”yon” & ”yrn” question to the “Addicted to Knitting” FB group. One helpful soul pointed me to this reference:

    http://www.stitcharena.com/library/hand-knitting/yfwd-yfrn-yrn-and-yon/

    Good luck, all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. would love to have the pattern for the balnket to make one for my granddaughter

    ReplyDelete