Friday 13 October 2023

Whitby Scarf

 



Whitby Scarf 

I am really happy with this new pattern. 

I wanted to make a scarf for a little lad I know - and after a few 'trials' I decided to use this lovely stitch pattern, which is easy to knit and looks great on both sides. 

I hope he likes it as much as I do. Kids can be hard to please! 



Whitby Scarf

 

Requires:

DK yarn, around 70g

4mm needles

 

Size:

40” x 5”  ( 102cm x 12.5cm)  ~ easy to adjust

 

Cast on 30sts     (if you would like a wider scarf cast on 34sts or 38sts)

Knit 2 rows

Row 3:             K2, * p2, k2, repeat from * to end

Row 4:             K2, * k2, p2, repeat from * to last 4sts, k4

Repeat the last 2 rows twice more

Row 9:             K2, * k2, p2, repeat from * to last 4sts, k4

Row 10:           K2, * p2, k2, repeat from * to end

Repeat the last 2 rows twice more

Rows 3 – 14 form the pattern repeat

Repeat these 12 rows (rows 3 – 14) until you are happy with the length of your scarf ~ 40” is a great length for an adult – less for a child

Then repeat Rows 3 – 8 once more

Knit 3 rows

Cast off knitwise         

Darn away ends

Whitby Scarf


You will find my matching Hat and Handwarmers on this link ~ 

https://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.com/2023/10/whitby-hat-and-mittens.html

Whitby Hat and Handwarmers


 I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.  

However, please do not copy my patterns

Copyright © 2023 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied, shared, reproduced
or republished on any other webpage or website

No comments:

Post a Comment