Monday 8 May 2023

Fisherman's Rib Scarf

 


Fisherman's Rib Scarf

Around 40 years ago I knitted myself a sweater using the Fisherman's Rib stitch.

It was the slowest-growing garment I ever made. 

It seemed to take forever to complete - and I vowed I would never knit such a thing ever in the future !

However, a friend recently asked me to make a scarf for her 'beloved' and of course she was certain that this was exactly what was desired. 

She provided the yarn. And knowing that I was to be a passenger on a long road trip - I took a deep breath and set to. 

Here is my finished scarf. I hope you like it. 

My friend is delighted with it - and I must admit, my time wasn't wasted.


Fisherman’s Rib Scarf

 

Size:

Width ~ 5½”

Length ~ 40” is a great length for an adult, or less for a child

 

Requires:

DK yarn - I used acrylic DK - and simply continued till my 100g ball was done

4mm needles

 

Instructions:

Cast on 29sts

Row 1:   Knit across all stitches

Row 2:   Knit across all stitches

Row 3:  S1, k1, * k1below, p1 *, repeat from * to last 3sts, k1below, k2

Row 4:  S1, k1, * p1, k1below *, repeat from * to last 3sts, p1, k2

Repeat rows 3 and 4 until you are happy with the length of your scarf, finishing after working a Row 4

Next Row: Knit across all stitches

Cast off knitwise

Darn away ends


If you haven't knitted this stitch before, I hope this photo will help.

To work k1below, you put the tip of your needle not into the next stitch, but into the space one row below



 I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.    

However, please do not copy my patterns

Copyright © 2023 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied, shared, reproduced
or republished on any other webpage or website.



1 comment: