Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Simplest Bow in the World

Have you noticed that sometimes the simplest things can be really pretty and effective ......?
 
I needed a bow last night and I needed it fast!  
 
So I crocheted one. It only took a few minutes. And I loved the result. It was just what I needed.

the simplest crochet bow in the world
 
  
it was so simple that I couldn't help making a few more......

 
 
Using a 4mm crochet hook and DK yarn, make a foundation chain of 65stitches.
Work one row in half treble crochet.
That's it! Darn away the ends and tie in a bow. So cute.
 
These little bows look especially good made in multi-coloured yarn.



 
These can also be made by knitting.
Using 4mm needles and DK yarn, cast on 70stitches.
Knit one row, then cast off.
That's it! Darn away the ends and tie in a bow.


 
  
They are very simple I know, but I hope you like them too.
 
 
 

 
 
Find my patterns at ~


 

9 comments:

  1. I love this sweet bow. I plan to create one for my grand daughter. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. Sometimes the simple things are the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty Marianna, it would be good to have a few made ready just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for this pretty and simple idea!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and easy is what I like best. Cute bows! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect - and so many uses! Thank you for linking up at Link & Share Wednesday! Have a lovely week :) Rhondda
    http://bit.ly/15Uwa0r

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda Baveas
    I can't wait to make it , the bow idea is lovely. Can someone tell me what size needles I should use for 8ply yarn? I'm new to knitting. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda -
      DK = 8ply yarn , so you should use 4mm needles
      Happy Knitting :)

      Delete
  8. Is there an way I can purchase the little goldfish from you to apply to the blanket after I have made it. I can't crochet but would like the pattern also and maybe I can teach myself. Thanking you in advance.

    Elizabeth Hyland

    ReplyDelete