Wednesday 11 September 2013

Mini Christmas Stocking Decorations ~ for school craft fair


Christmas IS coming.......

And didn't you say - next year I WILL be more organized?
 
Here are some cute little Mini Christmas Stockings to get you in the mood!
  
collection of striped mini Christmas stockings
  
 
 Mini Christmas Stockings
 
Using DK yarn & 4mm needles, cast on 20sts
Knit 2 rows
Beginning with a knit row, work in stocking stitch (one row knit, one row purl) for 16 rows
 
Shape heel as follows -
Row 1:  K12, turn
Row 2:  P4, turn
Row 3:  K6, turn
Row 4:  P8, turn
Row 5:  K10, turn
Row 6:  P12, turn
Row 7:  K14, turn
Row 8:  P16, turn
Row 9:  Knit to end
 
Beginning with a purl row, work in stocking stitch (one row knit, one row purl) for 8 rows
 
Shape toe as follows -
P 2tog all across row  (10sts)
K 2tog all across row  (5sts)
Break off yarn.
Thread the yarn on to a needle and thread it through the remaining sts.
Pull tightly and fasten off.
Sew up side seam.
 
Make a twisted cord, or crochet chain, or add a ribbon for hanging.
 
These cute little mini stockings look great in stripes - and any combination of colours look great.
 
I  have been making these for a school craft fair. I will put some sweets in each.
50 made ~ and I'm not finished yet!
 
 

 
Have fun!  
 
 You will find lots more of my Xmas ideas at ~

http://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.co.uk/p/christmas-crafts.html
 
 
 
 

24 comments:

  1. Gosh I just love these thank you! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What timing. I just started to try my hand at knitting after learning the Knit and pearl stitch.
    I've gotten as far as K2tog. After I break the yarn off and pull it through the stitches on my hook, do I
    sew up the side seam going into both V's on each side?

    Thanks so much ---wow my first project in knitting. I may be hooked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your first ever knitting project is a stocking then you have done amazingly well!
      And yes - sew up the side seam catching the V on each side, making sure any stripes match up.
      I hope you had fun - and let me warn you - making these is ADDICTIVE! Best wishes. M

      Delete
  3. Oh my, they're so cute! You're so prolific with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a project that gets you gripped! Once you start you can't stop.......

      Delete
  4. So tiny! What fabulous little stockings! Thank you for linking up at Link & Share Wednesdays :) Rhondda http://bit.ly/15Uwa0r

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute, I don't think I could make that many though, thank you for the pattern Marianna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the cutes little things! (I am also in the fall/winter mood already!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so lovely. I crocheted a bunch last year and will need to start working on some pretty quick. The days sure do pass by quickly. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made a set of some similar stockings a while ago. My children love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them! I remember one year one of my teachers handed out 1 of these to each of us with a candy cane inside (in primary school) - Thank you for linking up at Link & Share Wednesday! Rhondda
    http://oombawka.blogspot.ca/2013/09/link-share-wednesday-week-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are fantastic - would make a wonderful advent calandar too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are absolutely perfect for a project my sister asked me to do for her grand daughter thanks for posting everything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, they are so cute, very nice for Christmas gifts. Can't wait to make them .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this simple and easy way to knit Tiny Stockings.
    My Christmas tree and some hospitals will be getting donations of these stockings for the newborns First Christmas.
    Now I wished that Adult Socks could be made this way as well. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marianna, congratulations your little stocking was one of the most clicked links in the September link party. :)

    http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/happy-halloween-and-stash-buster-round.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for linking up at Link & Share Wednesday!! http://oombawka.blogspot.ca/2013/11/oombawka-design-wednesday-link-party.html Rhondda

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute! I found you on allfreeknitting.com I am making a match the sock colour game for children and these are perfect, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Labels: bazaar, Christmas, decoration, knit, stocking ... knitstockings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found you last year and did lots of these for the school/church Christmas Fair. I was upset when I lost the pattern. Thank goodness I have found you again. I am starting to knit loads more this year. Well done and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll be making 50 of these to make an advent garland for my 2 children. Can't wait to finish them

    ReplyDelete