Saturday 17 August 2019

Triangles Baby Blanket

I love making Baby Blankets - and I know many of you do too.
So today I thought i would share the instructions for my latest ! 

Hope you love it as much as I do 😊

Marianna's Simple Triangles Baby Blanket

Triangles Baby Blanket        

Requires:
DK yarn (around 100g for the 18" size, 250g for the 24.5" size, and around 380g for the 30" size) 
4mm and 4.5mm needles

Sizes:
You can change the size by adding or reducing in multiples of 7 stitches (73 +/- multiples of 7)
For a doll’s blanket of 13.5 “                           Cast on  73sts
For a preemie baby blanket of 18”                 Cast on 101sts
For a newborn baby blanket of 24.5”             Cast on 136sts
For a baby blanket of 30”                               Cast on 164sts

Using 4mm needles ~
Cast on 73sts
Knit 8 rows

Change to 4.5mm needles ~
Row 1:   S1, k4, *p1, k6, rep from * to last 5sts, k5
Row 2:   S1, k4, *p5, k2, rep from * to last 5sts, k5
Row 3:    S1, k4, *p3, k4, rep from * to last 5sts, k5
Row 4:    S1, k4, *p3, k4, rep from * to last 5sts, k5
Row 5:   S1, k4, *p5, k2, rep from * to last 5sts, k5
Row 6:    S1, k4, *p1, k6, rep from * to last 5sts, k5

Repeat the last 6 rows until the blanket is as long as it is wide

Change back to 4mm needles ~
Knit 9 rows
Cast off
Triangles Baby Blanket
I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.    

However, please do not copy my patterns

This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website. 

Copyright © 2019 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for these wonderful premie baby knitting patterns. What size booties should I do for 4lb baby & what size needles should I use. TIA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your patterns. Any blankets in chunky knit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you
    My granddaughter isn't due until October and doesn't want to know the gender of little no name, I keep telling her I need to know as she lives in Victoria and I in NSW. I suppose I am not going get to know so I have to be patient lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such an adorable pattern. I'm doing it for my grandson #4 due on late November. I'd like to know it it's a reversible pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have decided to make this blanket in 2 colours.Thank you Marrianna for all your wonderful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished my blanket decided to make it 2 colours.Thank you Marrianna for your lovely patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What does the S1 at the beginning of each row mean? I want to start knitting this blanket but not sure what that S1 is for. I also want to know if I can use Red Heart yarn for this or is it to thick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the triangle knitted baby blanket pattern. Unsure what S1 means in the instruction. Thank you so very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Thank you for sharing this pattern. Love it and easy to remember the repeats rows. And I just completed knitting them today. I am knitting as a gift for a new born baby boy next door.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for ur patterns their very simple and enjoyable to do xxx

    ReplyDelete