Thursday 15 August 2019

Sweet Stripes Preemie Hat

My hook and I were having a little play yesterday. 

I have been making hats lately, and I wanted to make more - but I needed something to keep my interest ! 
These sweet little hats were the result! I had fun making them, and as they are for preemie babies they were quick to make. 

Sweet Stripes Baby Hats

Sweet Stripes Baby Hats


Sweet Stripes Premature Baby Hat        Small / Medium    


Requirements:

DK yarn in 2 colours
4mm crochet hook (or 3.5mm)

Size:

Width:                  3 ½ “ (7” all around)
Height:                 3 ¼ “

Pattern:

This pattern is written in UK terminology      

tr = treble crochet,   htr = half treble,   dc = double crochet,
sc = single crochet,      ch = chain

Worked in the round.

Do not cut the yarn when changing colour – just leave it joined and use as required

Using main colour ~ chain 4, join with a slip stitch into a ring

Round 1:   Ch2, make 9tr into ring, slip stitch to join. (10sts)

Round 2:   Ch2 then tr in same stitch as ch2, 2tr in each stitch all around, join with slip stitch.       (20sts)

Round 3:   Ch2 then 1tr in same stitch as ch2,  * 1tr in next stitch, 2tr in next stitch repeat from * all around,  join with slip stitch       (30sts)

Round 4:   Using contrast colour ~ ch1 then work 1htr in each stitch all around    (30sts)

Round 5:   Using main colour ~ ch1 then work 1htr in each stitch all around        (30sts)

Repeat the last 2 rounds twice more

Round 10:  Ch1, sc in each stitch all around, join with slip stitch. 

Fasten off.  Weave in ends


I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.    

However, please do not copy my patterns

This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website. 

Copyright © 2019 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the trouble to translate American crochet terms to UK ones. Much easier and less confusing for us Brits to follow.

    ReplyDelete