Monday, 24 October 2016

KELSO Scarf or Cowl

Kelso Infinity Scarf / Cowl


Kelso Scarf
 
 

These are made using 2 strands of DK (8ply) yarn knitted together.

The stitch (Cane Stitch) looks the same on both sides.

I like learning new stitches but the fact that there is a 3row repeat meant that I found it difficult to know where I was for the first few pattern repeats. I am more used to a ‘right’ side and a ‘wrong’ side. However, I soon got into the stitch! It gives a lovely open fabric which is perfect for this design.

 
Kelso Scarf / Cowl

 
Requirements:

 
DK yarn                   2 x 65 -70g

6mm needles                    

 

Measurements:

 
Width:                     7”  (18cm)             

Length:                   52”  (132cm) - easily adjustable                                 

 

Instructions:

 
For a Woman - Cast on 25sts

1st Row:  S1, k1, *s1, k2tog, psso, yrn twice, repeat from * to last 2sts, k2

2nd Row:  S1, k1, *p1, k1 (into the double yrn from previous row), p1,  repeat from * last 2sts, k2

3rd Row:  S1, knit to end

Repeat these three pattern rows until around 52”, ending after completing a 3rd row

Cast off

Darn away ends

 

For an infinity scarf / cowl ~ join together the cast on and cast off edges


For a Teenager - Cast on 21sts

 
I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.
However, please do not copy my patterns
 
 Copyright © 2016 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced or republished on another webpage or website.

 

11 comments :

  1. Thank you so much. Lovely stitch! Does yrn mean yarn over (yo) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again another fab pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pattern. Thank you. I have just been to Kelso to visit my sister. It's where she lives so guess what I'm going to make her for her upcoming birthday??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely :) Hope she loves it :) x

      Delete
  4. What kind of DK yarn did you use? It is a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like this Tammy :) I used two different blues (one pale blue & one darker blue) knitted together. It has such a pretty effect. :)

      Delete
  5. I have so many patterns now that I just can’t keep up with all the comments and questions on this page, ravelry, pinterest and other sites. However, I DO want to hear from you, help you and see your lovely makes! I have a very lively facebook group page – please join me and over 6,700 other members. I check in every day and if I am not available, someone else usually is. The group is ~ https://www.facebook.com/groups/made.by.marianna/

    ReplyDelete