Sunday 5 March 2023

Diamond Brocade Blanket

 My Granddaughter firmly told me that Dolly needed a new blanket ! 

So, of course,  I got my needles out. 

Diamond Brocade Blanket


I remember knitting myself a jacket about 40 years ago, using this Diamond Brocade stitch, and I was reminded of it recently.  

I thought it would make a pretty blanket, and I am very pleased with the result. 

I hope Dolly ~ and my Granddaughter ~ approve. 


Diamond Brocade Blanket

 

Requires:

DK yarn   around 60g

4mm needles


Size:

Width – 14”

Length – 14”


Tension / Gauge ~

22sts = 4” (10cm), as worked over pattern

 

Instructions ~

Cast on 77sts

Knit 10 rows (for border)

Row 11:   S1, k9, *p1, k7, repeat from * to last 3sts, k3

Row 12:   S1, k5, p3, *k1, p1, k1, p5, repeat from * to last 12sts, k1, p1, k1, p3, k6

Row 13:   S1, k7, *p1, k3, repeat from * to last 5sts, k5

Row 14:   S1, k5, p1, *k1, p5, k1, p1, repeat from * to last 6sts, k6

Row 15:   S1, k5, *p1, k7, repeat from * to last 7sts, p1, k6

Row 16:   S1, k5, p1, *k1, p5, k1, p1, repeat from * to last 6sts, k6

Row 17:   S1, k7, *p1, k3, repeat from * to last 5sts, k5

Row 18:   S1, k5, p3, *k1, p1, k1, p5, repeat from * to last 12sts, k1, p1, k1, p3, k6

Rows 11 - 18 form the diamond stitch pattern

Repeat rows 11 – 18 until you are happy with the length of your blanket (I usually make blankets square, or a little longer than their width)

Knit 11 rows (for border)

Cast off

Diamond Brocade Blanket

You can change the size of your blanket by adding or reducing in multiples of 7 stitches (77 +/- multiples of 8)

Here are some suggestions ~

For a preemie baby blanket of 18”                                          Cast on 101sts

For a newborn baby blanket of 21½”                                      Cast on 117sts

For a newborn baby blanket of 25½”                                      Cast on 141sts

For a baby blanket of  28½”                                                    Cast on 157sts

 

Length ~ Make your blanket square, or a little longer than it’s width



 I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.    

However, please do not copy my patterns

Copyright © 2023 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied, shared, reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.


No comments:

Post a Comment