Sunday 15 November 2020

Quick Christmas Trees

 I first made these cute little Christmas trees in 2013!     



But - like all good ideas - it was worth re-visiting ........ and I have really enjoyed making a bunch more this week. Now I have a little forest of Christmas Trees. 

 


Quick Christmas Trees


I used some sparkly yarn this time around for an extra festive look.

These trees are knitted with 2 strands of yarn held together, which allows for a lot of different colour variations. 

It is a very tight knit, but the finished product is quite stiff so hangs nicely.


Knitted Christmas Tree Decoration

Using 2 strands of red DK yarn and 4mm needles cast on 5sts 

Knit 4 rows 

Cut off red yarn

Join in 2 strands of green ...... or green & white .....  or try silver, gold, etc  

Cast on 6 stitches at the beginning of the next 2 rows       (17sts)

Knit 2 rows

Decrease row: Sl1, k1 psso, knit to last 2sts, k2tog           (15sts)

Repeat the last 3 rows until 3sts remain

Knit 2 rows

Sl1, k2tog psso, tie off this stitch leaving about 6 inches of yarn to create a loop for hanging the decoration if desired.

Weave in the ends 


I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.    

However, please do not copy my patterns

This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website. 

Copyright © 2020 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment