Sunday 14 October 2018

Jack & Jill Baby Blanket

Today I finished another little baby blanket - 
this one matches my previously shared Jack & Jill Baby Cardigan and Hat

Jack & Jill Baby Blanket

Easy to knit ...... and ideal for a baby boy or girl


Jack & Jill Blanket

Requirements ~

100g ball of DK (8ply) yarn

4mm needles


Measurements ~

Width:        16" (41cm)

Length:      adjustable ......... I made mine 18" (46cm)


Pattern Instructions ~

Cast on 89 stitches  

Start with a garter stitch border - knit 10 rows

Pattern:
1st Row:       S1, knit to end
2nd Row:      S1, k4, *p3, k1, rep from * to last 4sts, k4

Repeat the last 2 rows until you are happy with the length of the blanket (I made mine around 17”)

Finish with a garter stitch border – knit 11 rows
Cast off knit wise

Darn away ends



If you would like to make this baby blanket bigger or smaller  ~
Then add or reduce in multiples of four stitches   (89 +/-  multiples of 4)

........ for a Newborn Baby Blanket of 24“
cast on 133sts

........ for a Baby Blanket of 30“
cast on 165sts

You will find my matching Jack & Jill Baby Jacket pattern 
(0 - 3 months, 3 - 6 months, 6 - 9 months, 9 - 12 months) at ~ 



and the Hats (0 - 3 months, 3 - 6 months, 6 - 9 months, 9 -12 months) at ~ 


You will find the premature sizes (large, medium & small preemie) at ~ 


and the premature hats at ~ 


There is also a tiny 10" Baby Jacket at ~ 


and Micro - Preemie Hats at ~ 



 I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.    

However, please do not copy my patterns

Copyright © 2018 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.

8 comments:

  1. I love how easy your patterns are to follow and they are less fussy than the vintage patterns. I do love vintage patterns though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love the old designs - but I hate all the joining!
      So I try to make my patterns just as cute - but much easier to make.

      Delete
  2. Hi Marianna, I love your preemie patterns. My local neonatal clinic has preemie singlets on their wish list and I wondered if you would have a pattern to be able to knit some for them.

    Thanks
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would this be suitable ?
      https://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.com/2017/01/ribbed-vest-top.html

      Delete
  3. Dear Marianne, Increasingly impressed by your patterns and work, and inventiveness. Am new to knitting anything more than small squares for patchwork and delighted to find your easy-knit patterns for hats,socks and jackets for preemies. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time knitter. Making this for first grandbaby....not sure of gender. Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn? Not sure how many skeins to buy to make largest size listed on this pattern. Help! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I’m not very good at reading patterns so what would it be if I was to do it for the 30” blanket and I’m in Australia is the yarn the same

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pattern! And I love that you have the jacket and hat to match!! Can you help with yardage? How many yards do I need for a 30" blanket? I'm going to use DK yarn with 4 mm needles. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete