Tuesday, 22 August 2017

AMITY Baby Blanket

Amity is ......... peaceful, friendly relations between people or countries.
 
A few weeks ago I wrote a pattern for a mystery 'knit along' baby hat
and over 200 people from all over the world joined in and took part.
Thank you. I called the pattern design Amity.
 
And ...... I thought ...... some of you might like a matching Baby Blanket.
 



AMITY Baby Blanket 


Size:

Width:             ~          16 - 17“
Length:            ~          18”


Tension:

22sts = 4” (10cm)

 
Requirements:

Around 90g of DK yarn

4mm needles  

 
Pattern:

Cast on 91sts

Border:

1st Row:          S1, knit to end

Repeat the last row 5 times more

 
Pattern:

7th Row:           S1, knit to end

8th Row:           S1, knit to end

9th Row:        S1, k4, * k1, p1, repeat from * to last 6sts, k6

10th Row:       S1, k4, * p1, k1, repeat from * to last 4sts, k4
 

Repeat these 4 pattern rows until the blanket is the length required (around 17”)


Complete with a border:

Next Row:       S1, knit to end

Repeat the last row 6 times more

Cast off

Darn away ends

 
If you would like to make this baby blanket smaller or bigger ~
then reduce or add in multiples of 2 stitches
........ for a Newborn Baby Blanket of 24 - 25“

cast on 135sts
 
 
........ for a Baby Blanket of 29“

cast on 159sts

 
You will find my matching baby hat and mittens at ~
 
 



 
 I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.

In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.  

However, please do not copy my patterns
 
Copyright © 2017 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.
 

 

1 comment :

  1. I'm a newcomer to your blog and can tell I'm going to love it. Thank you for sharing you talents through your lovely patterns!

    ReplyDelete