Thursday 23 November 2017

Catty McCat Face

Catty McCat Face

Catty McCat Face Toys

I don't make toys very often - as I just can't get the features right!
However I wanted to make a little cat and kitten for a sweet little girl I know.
 
I think maybe I should go and have a strong coffee before I attempt the faces.
 
 
Catty McCat Face
 
Small Cat
Requires:
Small amount of DK yarn
3.25mm or 3.5mm needles
Small amount of polyester stuffing
Ribbon
 
Medium Cat
Requires:
Small amount of (UK) chunky yarn or 2 lengths of DK yarn knitted together
5mm needles
Small amount of polyester stuffing
Ribbon
 
 
Cast on 9sts (leaving a 6” ‘tail’ to use for sewing up)
Rib 3 rows
Stocking stitch 33 rows
Rib 2 rows
Cast off in rib
Cut off yarn (leaving a 6” ‘tail’ to use for sewing up)
 
Fold in half longways with right sides together, and join the side seams
Do not cut off the yarn yet!
Turn right side out, and stuff the top 1/3 for the head
Tie a length of yarn or a ribbon around to form the neck
Stuff the body
Join the bottom edge
Using the yarn left from the side seams, add a couple of stitches to help define the ears
Add a tail ~
Cast on 12sts
Cast off
Sew on the tail - along the back lower edge from the middle to the side
Add a little face using a small length of contrasting yarn ~ add whiskers
 
 
 
I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.    
However, please do not copy my patterns
 
Copyright © 2017 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful. Your patterns are amazing as is your generosity in sharing. Another Purrrrect pattern abd as I have wanted to do for a while a big thank you from Kate in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make lovely little keyrings or zip pulls on bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love y9ur site love that its free. Have made a couple of the beenies . Very simple and when one doesnt have a lot of time its great to be able to just get one made quickly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any of your patterns in pdf format that can easily be printed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - some of my patterns ARE available in pdf format - but you have to pay a little. https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/madebymarianna

      Delete