Monday 16 October 2017

Ten Million Page Views

 


 


I started this blog in January 2013 as a way to keep a record of my crafty makes.

I was working in a school 3½ days a week. Chores could be done in ½ day. And that gave me one day a week to enjoy my creativity. I called those precious days my ‘Lazy Daisy Days’ …… time for me …..  time to do whatever I wanted to do.

Actually, they were rarely lazy – as I couldn’t wait to get going!!

I had been donating my knitted, crocheted and sewn items for several years to a UK charity group and to Operation Orphan. But I wished I had taken more photos of my donations before I gave them away! I thought it would be good to look back and see just what I had achieved.

My lovely and very understanding partner bought me a new camera and off I went.

I had no idea at all about setting up a blogsite or website. I had no idea about adding photos. I had no idea about adding labels to my posts. I had no idea about adding captions to photos. But that didn’t stop me!

Some things I worked out for myself, other things I just stumbled upon - often by accident! Sometimes the frustration of not being able to find a way to do what I wanted to do made me very grumpy indeed! But my crafting kept me sane.

I didn’t really expect to have followers – apart from my family. But I began to get a few page views, then a few each day and I couldn’t wait to check each evening. So exciting!  

3½ days at work turned into 4 days, and then into 5 days, and those ‘Lazy Daisy Days’ were gone! I really missed them – that wonderful feeling of waking up and having the entire day ahead …….

But the page views kept growing, and I have been encouraged to keep on sharing my ideas, my photos and my patterns.

I often get 10,000 page views in a day – every one of them is just as important to me as they were in the first few months! That is what keeps me continuing on - designing simple patterns and sharing them with the crafting community! Your support is wonderful and I really truly appreciate the loyalty and friendship so many of you have shown me.  

I would like to celebrate my 10 million page views with a request that you join me in making and donating a hat. Wherever in the world you are - Please will you join me?




 

This is all you have to do is ~


1.     Make a hat -
using ANY of my patterns – any size – knit or crochet
 
2.     Donate it -
to any charity, church, women's shelter or refuge, food bank, home for the elderly, hospice or hospital that you like to support - anywhere in the world
 
3.     Let me know about it -
by leaving a comment below
 
If you would like to join in but do not know where to donate your hat, you might like to take a look at a few suggestions ~
School age children ~ http://www.operation-orphan.org/
 

Please use any of my hat patterns - here are a few to give you inspiration:
 
For all ages ~
 
Alfie
 
For adults and teens ~
 
Warm tweedy Adult Hats
 
Galway Bay
https://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/galway-bay-adult-ribbed-hat.html
 
Chemo Turban Hat for Vikki
 
Cabled Hats
 
For children and toddlers ~
 
Bibi Hat


Pre-School Toddler Hat

Up to 3years
 

For babies ~
 
Too many to choose! ~ You will find LOTS here ~
 
 
Knitted Baby Hats

Crochet Baby Hats


 
 
 

46 comments:

  1. I am certainly up for this one...........hat will be started directly after lunch. Thank you for so many great patterns and long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly do this...wherever we are in the world this will make a difference. Thank you Marion... best wishes from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All in one lazy daisy hat donated to Purple Butterfly, don't know how to put photo on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just about to start one of your lovely hats Marion ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm busy making your hats for PreemiesUK and for SHARE (for homeless and refugees). Thank you for all yr lovely patterns. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Wow what an achievement, I remember when you started your blog and when you reached your first million views, but no wonder, you have given us so many wonderful patterns and have inspired so many, thank you for finding the time to design and share them for free. I will of course join in and make lots of your lovely hats to be sent to Muddy footprints at the end of the month. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you Linda. And thank you for your support and friendship. x

      Delete
  7. Made prem babbity hat's for a hospital in my home town of Bulawayo Zimbabwe and the famous top down matching hat. Thank you Marion for the many patterns we get to make for charity. Without you we couldn't do what we do x Donna Range

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all that you do Donna. :) x

      Delete
  8. Congrate Marion ...10million page views wow awesome. I will join definetly join in this hat donation. Thank you for your lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in - every hat is a gift of love :) x

      Delete
  9. Congratulations,I have just finished a gwntle breeze hat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Just finished a gentle breeze hat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for joining in with my celebration Lorraine. x

      Delete
  11. Am up for this, and have a couple of cardigans I’ve done which are waiting for a home, so they can go with the hat. I’ll do a Babbitty hat to go with either one of the two cardigans
    . Oh hey, I’ll do two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely! :) Thank you so much for joining in Teri. x

      Delete
  12. I love this idea! I will do a couple for CLICK for babies in the US which raises awareness and prevent shaken baby syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will make a few for Manchester children's hospital, I think this is such a good idea Marianna, especially this time of year too, as it would make it even more special xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you are joining in Maureen - thank you :) x

      Delete
  14. I have used many of your baby hat patterns to make hats for the maternity wards at my nearby hospitals. (BC, Canada) I have also pointed out your blog to other knitters. I love the variety of your patterns and have learned a lot knitting them. I always keep a stash of baby hats to give away to anyone I meet that is having a baby, grandchild of a great-grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so lovely to hear :) Thank you Peggy x

      Delete
  15. I have enjoyed using your patterns to make many items for charities here in Melbourne Australia and I have introduced others to your patterns. It is coming up to Summer here so there is not so much need for hats at the moment but I will be making more in the future.
    Thank you so much for designing so many lovely patterns and giving them away freely.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doreen. Thank you for your message. I love it that my patterns are being enjoyed all around the world :) x

      Delete
  16. I have got a few ready and want to make more to send, aiming for 25 before Christmas and that doesn't include all the other things I'm knitting, my needles will be working overtime. Thank you for all your beautiful patterns, since my granddaughter was born last December I have made many of the patterns and your blanket patterns were very well received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you Caz. I am happy that you enjoy my patterns - and I hope you reach your target! Well done x

      Delete
  17. Amazing achievement. Yes I will knit a few for prem babies at the local hospital and tag you on ravelry. Thanks so much for all your fantastic patterns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in with my little celebration Elizabeth. It is lovely that you knit for prem babies - there is always such a need for this. x

      Delete
  18. Amazing! but if it wasnt for your kindness and generosity sharing your patterns through your blog thousands and thousands of heads and little bodies wouldnt be wrapped in woolly love - thank you for all your patterns - I will pop my picture over on Facebook - little hats hopefully will go to local organisation for preemie / angel baby or another hospital - am very proud to say you are one of my "virtual" friends xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jaqueline - great to hear from you :) I am so pleased that you are still enjoying my patterns. I never expected to still have followers and friends! That's what keeps me continuing to share my ideas. Best wishes. M xx

      Delete
  19. I agree with what others have said, if it wasn't for your patterns then there would be no variation in the hats and jackets I make for premature babies. I would also get less done as I would become bored of the same patterns. Many of your preemie patterns have been donated to Ninewells Hospital in Dundee Scotland via my knitting and crocheting. I have known several very special babies to have lived through NICU and I hope I can do a little in making the lives of others easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is lovely to read. Thank you. When I started knitting and donating I got so tired of knitting the same few patterns over and over (especially for premature babies) - and that is why I began to write my own simple patterns. When I started sharing them I never believed so many knitters would enjoy using them too! :) Happy knitting. x

      Delete
  20. I love using your patterns for hats, blankets and enjoy knitting them to give to organisations/charities etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jill. I am so happy that you are enjoying my patterns. Best wishes. M x

      Delete
  21. I have used lots of your patterns, knitted and crocheted, hats and jackets.
    I have donated to my local hospital and all the hospitals where my Grandsons were born, so probably about 200 in total.
    Thank you for your wonderful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 200 - that is fantastic! Thank you Mags. Best wishes. M x

      Delete
  22. Wow! 10,000 views per day is really impressive I love your patterns. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. After discovering I was expecting my first grandchild (a grandson due in 2 and a half weeks) I restarted knitting - something I hadn't done for ages. Since then I haven't stopped and I've used many of your baby patterns to make things for him and also for my daughter's friends who are all having or had babies around the same time. I've also made "traffic light" hats, some red, some amber and some green for the local hospital's maternity unit who are setting up a new scheme for newborns. I've used a selection of your baby hat patterns and now have 16, all different. Thank you do much for sharing your patterns and the time you put into this blog. I absolutely love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's an amazing achievement. Thank you so much for sharing your patterns.
    I belong to a charity knitting group and we knit various things for charities. We use a few of your blanket, hat & jacket patterns for donations to our local neo natal units and the larger sizes are going to our churches' link in Zambia.
    The Hugg boots have been a roaring success for our own group's family babies.
    Thanks again for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Since October I have knitted 40+ Alfie Hats in a mixture of sizes using oddments of DK wool bought from charity shops ( so money I spend on wool goes to charity too). I've donated all my stripey hats to Blytheswood Care who distribute them in the shoe boxes they make up for the shoebox appeal.

    ReplyDelete