Tuesday 22 August 2017

AMITY Baby Blanket

Amity is ......... peaceful, friendly relations between people or countries.
 
A few weeks ago I wrote a pattern for a mystery 'knit along' baby hat
and over 200 people from all over the world joined in and took part.
Thank you. I called the pattern design Amity.
 
And ...... I thought ...... some of you might like a matching Baby Blanket.
 



AMITY Baby Blanket 


Size:

Width:             ~          16 - 17“
Length:            ~          18”


Tension:

22sts = 4” (10cm)

 
Requirements:

Around 90g of DK yarn

4mm needles  

 
Pattern:

Cast on 91sts

Border:

1st Row:          S1, knit to end

Repeat the last row 5 times more

 
Pattern:

7th Row:           S1, knit to end

8th Row:           S1, knit to end

9th Row:        S1, k4, * k1, p1, repeat from * to last 6sts, k6

10th Row:       S1, k4, * p1, k1, repeat from * to last 4sts, k4
 

Repeat these 4 pattern rows until the blanket is the length required (around 17”)


Complete with a border:

Next Row:       S1, knit to end

Repeat the last row 6 times more

Cast off

Darn away ends

 
If you would like to make this baby blanket smaller or bigger ~
then reduce or add in multiples of 2 stitches
........ for a Newborn Baby Blanket of 24 - 25“

cast on 135sts
 
 
........ for a Baby Blanket of 29“

cast on 159sts

 
You will find my matching baby hat and mittens at ~
 
 



 
 I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.

In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.  

However, please do not copy my patterns
 
Copyright © 2017 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.
 

 

6 comments:

  1. I'm a newcomer to your blog and can tell I'm going to love it. Thank you for sharing you talents through your lovely patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the pattern. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your lovely baby blanket patterns ...i am making them for premature baby unit at local hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything I have made from your patterns have turned out lovely. I have knitted many blankets and hats. My church donates them to the hospitals. Thank you..thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant patterns. Knit up so quick. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant patterns....knit up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete