Saturday 25 March 2017

Wilfred

Please meet Wilfred ......

Wilfred







Wilfred - Teddy Bear
 I used DK yarn and 3.5mm needles. He measures around 8"

The Front
Begin with the Trousers
Leg 1 ~
Cast on 9sts and work 16 rows in stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row)
Break off yarn, leave stitches on the needle
Leg 2 ~
Cast on 9sts and work 16 rows in stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row)
Top of the Trousers ~
Knit across leg 2, then leg 1                                    (18sts)
Work 9 more rows in stocking stitch, starting with a purl row
Sweater ~
Continue in a second colour
K2tog, knit to last 2sts, k2tog                                  (16sts)
Knit 10 rows
Arms ~
Knit across the next row, then cast on 12sts             (28sts)
Knit across the next row, then cast on 12sts             (40sts)
Knit 9 rows
Cast off 15sts, knit to end of row                              (25sts)
Cast off 15sts, knit to end of row                              (10sts)
Head ~
Continue in a face colour
Knit 1 row
Purl 1 row
S1, kfb, knit to last 3sts, kfb, k2
Purl 1 row
Repeat the last 2 rows 4 times more                         (20sts)
Work 6 rows in stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row)
Cast off
Make another piece the same for The Back
Sew together the Front and the Back around the Trousers and Sweater
Stuff the body with polyester toy filling
Join the top of the head
Make the Ears ~
Using a length of the yarn used for the head, create ears by sewing a line across the top of the head at each side.
Add features to the face

Sew together the head, leaving a gap to add the filling to the head
Stuff the head with polyester toy filling
Sew the gap closed.
Add a crochet chain scarf if desired



These wonderful teddies were knitted by Enid Loft - a member of my facebook group.
They are so cute - I just had to share  them !
Well done Enid. 

 I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.  
However, please do not copy my patterns
Copyright © 2017 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced
or republished on another webpage or website.




15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, looking forward to doing this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's lovely. Last time I tried to make a bear it looked more like a mouse so I made it a tail! This one looks more like a bear to me. Will have to try it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely he's so cute, Marianna you never cease to amaze me, do you ever sleep? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These teddy bears are so cute. Maybe I can make them up with my left over bits and bobs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you make the second piece for the top anyone I've never made a teddy before and would really love to make this thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got it now everyone didn't read instructions right x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still don't get the ear bit though x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does anyone have any clothes patterns to fit wilfred looked on loads of sites and can't find any x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marianna, You are amazing, I always rave about your patterns to all my knitter friends.

    THANK YOU so much, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marianna, I am still confused about the ear part. I never had any problems with your patterns they are always so well written but I am missing something here. Can you please shed some light.

    Again, I appreciate so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't made this pattern yet Rajni Ohri but I have made things using a similar technique. The head is made more or less a square and to make the ears, you flatten the head "square" and stitch a diagonal section on either side of the top of the head (square section) which form the ears. It's like stitching a triangle shape for the top left and top right of the head section. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure how to knit across then cast on 12 for arms

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure how to cast on 12 after knitting across for arms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on which cast on method you use - you may have to turn your work to cast on.

      Delete
  14. I've made a few in different colours and I love making them 🥰 thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete